- Google Podcasts
- Apple Podcasts
- Pocket Cases
- Radio Public
On my previous visits to Kyiv, I have had the opportunity to meet and exchange ideas with several of the outstanding scholars and researchers affiliated with the Anti-Corruption Research and Education Centre (ACREC). This morning, ACREC a message to a list of people in the worldwide anticorruption research community, describing the situation in Ukraine and appealing for more international support. With ACREC’s permission, I am reproducing the message below:
Anti-Corruption Research and Education Centre (ACREC) addresses you on the ninth day of the invasion of the russian federation.
All these days we have been trying our best to help the Armed Forces of Ukraine – to transfer funds, organize aid and necessary purchases. We also helped people in need and those who were forced to leave their homes.
Some of us still remain in the hottest spots of today’s war – Kyiv and Kharkiv.
You can see how russian troops are bombing Kyiv and its suburbs, Kharkiv, Sumy, Chernihiv, Enerhodar and it’s nuclear power plant. We are sure that many of you have been to these cities and remember them only for the best. Help us save these cities, their people and Ukraine. Call on your governments to close the skies over Ukraine in order to prevent further casualties and to help neutralize military aggression. This is a war not only against Ukraine, but also against the whole civilized world. Putin’s terror will not stop exclusively on the territory of Ukraine, after some time it may be repeated with other neighboring countries of russia. Ukraine is only the first outpost on the path to a peaceful Europe. Ukraine will fall – Europe will fall.
We, as a think tank at the Kyiv-Mohyla Academy, appeal to you to call on your governments to support Ukraine in every possible way and to prevent further losses among the military and civilian population of our country by:
- closing the skies over Ukraine as it was done during the 2008 Russian-Georgian war;
- further implementation and strengthening of sanctions against russia, its leadership and its satellite countries, family members of the russian leadership;
- sanctions against those associated with the leadership of the aggressor country should be sought separately: https://putinwallets.org/
- depriving Russia of the status of a member of the world’s leading organizations, such as the UN Security Council and the UN General Assembly.
If you have friends and / or colleagues from russia, please spread the truth about their military aggression against Ukraine by their state.
We also sending you the links on:
- website for fundraising for the needs of the Ukrainian army: https://savelife.in.ua/. In addition, we encourage you to join the volunteer initiatives in your countries to help Ukrainian citizens in need;
- website with news in English about the course of military aggression in Ukraine: https://edition.cnn.com/; https://www.bbc.com/russian;
- website for the search for prisoners of war and victims of military aggression: https://gdemoysyn.com/.
If you have any questions, you can contact us – we will help with any kind of information.